Make your own free website on
Blog Tools
Edit your Blog
Build a Blog
View Profile
« May 2005 »
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
Small Town Starlit
Tuesday, 31 May 2005
A Very Memorable Memorial Day
What a great weekend! We had sooo much fun! I got off work at 2:30 on Friday and Chaddy and I headed out at about 5:00. The place we camp is about an hour and a half away. Let me just say that Chaddy and I, we're not light packers. Heck no! Our We had both backseats down and packed that Durango to the hilt. We also packed the little pop-up as much as we could. We couldn't believe it when we pulled into the camp ground right behind Mike and Tanya. I thought they had left earlier than we had. We quickly set up camp. We camped in a different spot this time. We usually camp down on the point, which is nice. This time we camped up by the volleyball court. Tanya and Mike have the super cool nice camper now with the bathroom so they have to camp where there are full hook-ups. The point just has water and electric. We loved our new spot. Mrs. Robin, the cutie-pututee first-grade aide, suggested that we buy a badminton set. Her family went camping the week before and the "just luhved playin' bahdmitton." We just loved it too! We played the kids and . Tanya's son, Napoleon Dynamite, ca-rack-ed me up! I swear, playing with Braxton is the to a game of with Napoleon. He was sooo serious about it. He argued every serve, every play, and of course every point. It was great fun! One of the great things about where we camp is the floating! We drive one car up to the bridge and put in our air mattresses. We can float all the way back to camp. We usually only get to float once on Memorial Day Weekend because it's too cool. We got to float Saturday and Sunday. We only saw two snakes, not too bad. Yesterday was nice too. Tanya and I took our rafts down to Slate Hole, the swimming hole. We were the only people there. Slate Hole changes every year. Sometimes it has deep spots and sometimes it doesn't. Well, this year it doesn't. It only got about waist deep at its deepest. It is the prettiest water. We were the very last people to leave the campground yesterday. When Chaddy went in to pay he mentioned that we were going to sell our camper. Kenny wanted our number. He said he could sell it. I hope so. Although at this point Chaddy and I are so busy for the next couple of weeks we wouldn't have time to do much. D-Day gets started next week. I am going with Mom on Freewheel Oklahoma the following week. Tanya and Alyssa will drive and take their camper. My mom and her friend will ride their bikes. I will just go along for the fun. I'm hoping Mom doesn't end up with another heat stroke this year. I have been sick today. My first real day of summer vacation and I'm sick. Sucks, huh! I didn't sleep at all last night, and I just layed around today. I feel crummy.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 6:39 PM CDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Wednesday, 25 May 2005

I'm eatin' flavor ice, I'm eatin' flavor ice, I'm eatin' flavor ice...hey, hey, hey, hey!

I made cute little flyers today for my camper. Best case scenario would be for the camper to sell before this weekend. Then Chaddy and I could take advantage of the Memorial Weekend sales for a truck and a new camper. My friend owns a bait shop on the lake. She put a flyer up for me today. I really want to sell it so that I can have a new camper with a bathroom.

Work is getting really boring. I already have my paper work finished so now I'm just putting in my time. It also has to look like I'm still working on that silly book, so it limits what I can do. I can't get my room ready for next year because they're going to paint next week. I have all of my stuff pushed in the middle of the floor in what amounts to just a big ol' heap of Kindergarten stuff. My room seriously needs the paint job though.

I really should mow, but I don't really feel like it. I need to clean my house and pack for this weekend, but I'll get to it later. I think I'll just kick back with my flavor ice and play some Zuma.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 3:22 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink
Monday, 23 May 2005

So, lately I haven't *gasp* felt like blogging. I don't really know why. I just don't have anything to say, I guess. My life hasn't been all that exciting.

We got out of school (well the kids got out of school) last Wednesday. We had to work Thursday and we can work this week for extra money. So, that's right. You guessed it. I am working this week. Chaddy and I are trying to clear all of our debts so that we can borrow more money. That's the American way, right? Chaddy needs a more street worthy vehicle. His Jeep is amazing. Don't get me wrong. Put that puppy on the scariest trails and it rocks, but it's not so great doing 65 on the highway. We are going to get a 1500 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, or so I've been told. I don't really care, I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on something crazy big that we don't need. I mean, he's already got one vehicle that's really just a big toy. After the truck we are going to get a new camper. We need one with more space. I want a bunkhouse with a bathroom! I have found an Outback without the bunks that I would take. We are going to use this camper for the rest of our lives so I would rather have the bunks. Several psychics agree that at some time I will produce three offspring. Ugh! We'll need room for them when the time comes. By the way, the psychics also agree that two of those children will be twins. Oh, and three of their other predictions have already occurred. I am afraid they know what they're doing. We'll see.

Jersey went for a haircut on Friday. Leaving her there was AWFUL! I applied the Kindergarten Parent Technique. I just walked out. She was trying to come with me and the lady was pulling on her leash, and she just kept looking at me. I got to my car and just sat there. How could I leave my baby with these people who don't even know her. That was at 9:00 in the morning. I couldn't pick her up until 1:00. Boston and I just layed around all morning. We couldn't do anything without Jersey underfoot. I went to pick her up only to find that they gave her a hack job! Her hair looks horrible. I decided that I would just buy a set of clippers and do it myself from now on. From a distance she doesn't look so bad, but up close...bad.

We are going camping this weekend. Last year Chaddy did not join me on any camping trips. This year is going much better. We have already gone once and he is joining us for Memorial weekend. I am STOKED! There is nothing I love more than camping with my Chaddy. We are selling our camper, ya know, to pay off everything only to go into debt again for a truck and a new camper. I am going to put a For Sale sign in front of it while we're camping. When we get back we're going to set it up and try to sell it. Tanya set hers up at midnight last summer and had it sold by 10:00 the next morning. I expect it to sell fast. It's in great shape, has heat and air, and has a three way fridge. It's a great camper, we're just going to often for such a small camper.

I am absolutely addicted to flavor ice. It's such a refreshing summer time treat! I have eaten at least half of the box in one week. Yum! Hey, give me a break! It's so better than chocolate!

I worked in my yard a little this afternoon. I edged one of my front flower beds with red bricks. I also cleaned some brush that I cut yesterday. Tomorrow I need to go buy some wood chips to put in the flower beds. I can't keep any type of plant or flower alive. So, what I do is cover each flower bed with wood chips and put some terra cotta pots in the wood chips. I go buy my flowers at Wal-Mart Hell and just put the little plastic thing down in my terra cotta pot. When the plant dies, and it will, I simply throw away the container it's in and replace it with a new one. This system has worked for about three years now. This year, I'm adding the back yard. I'm also going to get some hanging baskets for the back porch.

Oh! I forgot to mention...I totally met John Edwards last weekend! Yes, THE John Edwards. Mr. Hottie-Hot Politician himself! He hinted to me and Mom that he may run for President again! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Not only is he amazingly brilliant...he's crazy cute! I know he's old, leave me alone!

Okay, so I am needing a Flavor Ice fix so I'm going to go. I'm going to eat one and play ZUMA. This is the coolest game.


Posted by okddaylittlec at 9:46 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink
Saturday, 7 May 2005

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. This is the craziest two weeks of school. We had track and field day yesterday. It was, amazingly, uneventful. Only one boy had to sit in time out, and he isn't in my class. We have graduation on Tuesday, Park Day on Thursday, and Beach Day on Friday. I also have a high school graduation on Friday night. Graduation is going to be interesting this year. We always have to fight to get into the gym to practice. Last year we came to the conclusion that we would only be able to get in the day of the ceremony. It took us all day last year. We practiced with the kids in the morning. We decorated during lunch and nap. We practiced again with the kids in the afternoon. This year the wonderful administration is only letting us in the gym for a couple of hours on Tuesday. Well, guess what! We can't possibly decorate or set up a video presentation in a couple of hours. It will take that long to practice with the kids. They have been practicing for a while, but when you put them in the gym on risers, it will be like they've never done it before.

This weekend I have got to clean my house and do laundry! Tomorrow my family is getting together for my cousin's graduation and Mother's Day. We'll go see Chaddy's mom after.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 8:59 AM CDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Monday, 2 May 2005

We only have two more Mondays left! How exciting! This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Our principal always has daily scavenger hunts for prizes. This morning's clue was, "I've been here for a long time, and I will probably be around a lot longer. The kids love me, you can see why." Now, my first guess was the eye chart. It made sense to me. I looked for a while, but couldn't find it anywhere. When my kids got back from music I decided to take them to look around for it. Mrs. Tina thought it might be on the old slide, and guess what! It was! I won a new ice chest. It is a really neat one. It's a cube with a luggage handle thing on it. Go me! Tanya wins a Mustang. I win an ice chest.

I was reading a blog yesterday that I found to be pretty good. I went back several posts so that I could read several entries. One post was commenting on a post from another blog. I think it was a comment about a post I made. It was sort of a negative comment, but I'm one of those "publicity is publicity" type of people. I was just happy to find someone's reading my blog!

How does a house get so messy so quickly. I did really well last week, but it went to crap over the weekend.

I am on the phone with a telemarketing person taking a survey. It's cracking me up. Blah, blah, blah...She was asking all these questions about how I feel about the Williams Group out of Tulsa. Um, let's see, I don't live in Tulsa and no one I know works for them. So, I really have no opinion. At first I thought it was some political survey so I wanted to listen to the questions.

Tonight is Ladies Night! Maybe I'll win something. Wouldn't that be fun. Chaddy went to Joplin with T to get his Jeep fixed.

I am going to finish getting ready. Have a great week!

Posted by okddaylittlec at 5:34 PM CDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Saturday, 30 April 2005

Whooo..(with a hand swipe across the forehead)! Friday like to killed me. After my rather hasty post about the field trip induced exhaustion, Chaddy came home and we decided upon a quiet, lazy evening of Law and Order and laying on the couch. Then the phone rang. His aunt has been in town for a week and she was scheduled to leave yesterday. Would we come over to Grandma and Granddad's for dinner? Sure. So I get up, lint roll my very favorite comfy pants (they're black fleece and I have a shedding yellow dog, you can just imagine), and head out the door. Here's a little background...Chaddy's grandma was just released from a three week stint in the hospital a week and a half ago. Chaddy's granddad fell last Saturday night and spent until Tuesday in the hospital. This is why Aunt was in town. We had just finished eating yummy pizza and were starting on dessert. Oh, the desserts! Blackberry cobbler, frosted angel food cake...yummy! Grandma started saying she felt funny. Chaddy's mom and aunt convinced her that maybe she should go lay down. As they were walking her to the bathroom she became unresponsive. So, in rolls the ambulance, and off to the hospital goes grandma. She's doing much better now. Her pacemaker is not working properly. It's allowing her heart rate to drop extremely low. So once she got to the ER they were able to get the HR back up. Chaddy and I got home about 12:30 or 1:00. Then we were back up by 6:00 yesterday morning. Chaddy had the Blackhawk Down paintball game, and I had the 2nd Congressional District Democrat Convention. I was very excited as this was my first 2CDDC. We elected a great chair! He is our former House Speaker and a wonderful man. My family has known him forever. The Oklahoma Democrat Convention is in two weeks. So we (Mom, Pop, and myself) got home about 6:00 last night. I suggested some Native American gaming. We played at Quapaw Casino...Where it pays to have fun. We left about 10:00. Mom and Pop came out ahead, even after bank rolling me all night. Chaddy came in a few minutes after me, and he looked awful! He counted 45 or 49 paintball hits. If you've never seen a paintball hit, let me explain...Where the paintball actually hits breaks the skin, then the area around the hit welps up really big and bruises. Chad's whole body is pretty much welped up. So, what does he do...he goes back for more today. What a man! Oh wait! I forgot one of the most exciting things about last night! I got hit on! Chaddy always gets hit on, sometimes with me sitting right there. I NEVER get hit on! Well, last night I did. I almost thanked him for hitting on me! Seriously, it makes a girl feel good. He wasn't creepy and gross either. the dogs made me get up at about 9:30 when I wanted to sleep in. Now I'm going to go lay on the couch until about noon. Then I'll get up and mow the flippin' yard. Gawh! I think that after, I will eat some tots or a delicious bass.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 10:09 PM CDT
Updated: Sunday, 1 May 2005 9:49 AM CDT
Post Comment | Permalink
Friday, 29 April 2005
I. Am. Alive. Must. Rethink. Decision. To. Take. Kindergartners. Roller. Skating. Must. Sleep. For. Several. Hours. Will. Blog. More. Later. After. I. Rest.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 4:09 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink
Thursday, 28 April 2005

This is such a busy time of year for me! We are getting ready for our field trip, science fair, graduation, grade cards....UGH! Seriously, the first three weeks of May are the fastest weeks of the entire year!

Our field trip is tomorrow. We were supposed to go skating and then spend the afternoon at the park. We aren't going to the park. We live in Oklahoma. We are going to have crummy weather tomorrow. So, we are going to come back to school and have an inside picnic. I hooked my DVD player to my projector and aimed it at my white dry erase board. Presto, chango! Now our classroom has been transformed into a movie theatre! Am I the coolest teacher ever, or what! Just to seal the deal I'm going to pop popcorn and give them soda. Yeah, I am the coolest.

Okay, so I can't really take the title of the coolest teacher because my best friend and co-worker is absolutely the coolest. She is rolling up to school in a 2005 MUSTANG! OH MY GOSH! You know how we go to Ladies Night every Monday, right? Well, the April promotion was a car giveaway. Every Monday in April they drew two names. This past Monday they drew the last two names. Tanya was drawn then. She was the fifth person to pick a key from the bowl and the seventh person to try her key. She said that she just knew that she was going to win. She just knew. And win she did! She picked up the car on Tuesday after school. I called on my way home to ask if she had it yet. She was still at the dealership. I was like, "I am coming there!" We went by my house and picked up Chaddy. Then we went to eat. I miss doing things with the Reece's. I mean, Tanya and I do things together all the time, but the four of us haven't hung out in a year. That's all changin'! I could not be happier for Tanya. There is not a person in the world who deserved to win that car more than her.

Our camping trip was fun. We probably won't go back there because the camp sites were right on the highway. I mean, RIGHT on the highway. Some shmuck thought it would be funny to drive by really late and honk at every camp site. It wasn't funny. I didn't laugh at all. We hiked some, napped some, hung out by the fire, and decided that we need a new camper. Ya see, I'm sick of hoofin' it to the bathroom. I want my OWN bathroom. Someday...maybe...

I haven't blogged a lot lately because I have been so crazy busy. I am also in a "good little wife" phase. I am keeping the house clean, laundry done, lawn mowed, blah, blah, blah.

Oh! Have you heard the new theme song for the Pope. I'm sorry that I can't personally sing it for you, but I think you'll get the idea. It's to the tune of the Popeye song.

I'm Pope-eye the Holy Man.
I live in the Vati-can.
I eat all my dinners
And bless all the sinners.
I Pope-eye the Holy Man.

Posted by okddaylittlec at 5:40 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink
Friday, 22 April 2005

We're goin' campin',
We're goin' campin',
We're going c-a-mpin'!

I CANNOT wait!I haven't been camping with my husband in two years! We used to go all the time. In the pre-camper days we roughed it in a tent. A really nice tent, but a tent none the less. Last summer I went camping all by myself. Well, I was with friends, but they have their own camper. Chaddy and I used to go camping and hiking at least twice a month. But, life seems to get in the way sometimes. We have decided to get back to our old way of life. A way of life that I have been so desperately missing for the past year. So, now you can see why I am so amped about this weekend. We are going to a state park in Arkansas. The place we love, Devil's Den State Park, is booked. We have never stayed at the place we're going, but we have hiked there.

It's my day off, but I got up at 8:00 to begin the pre-trip preparations. I cleaned the guest bedroom that has really just become the junk room. I cleaned the whole house. I even cleaned Chaddy's bathroom, and I never clean Chaddy's bathroom. Ewww... I have done load after load of laundry, ugh. I have swept, vacuumed, and scrubbed every surface in this place. Alyssa and one of her buddies are coming over to stay while we're gone. I love that I have someone who is so responsible and dependable to stay with the girls when we're gone. She's a great kid. I think that she enjoys getting to stay by herself some too. She's at that age...

I got a call from NEO today. I talked to one of the instructors about teaching an adjunct class several months ago. She called to tell me that she thinks that they'll need me in the fall. She has my resume, my transcripts, everything except an application. So, I need to run by on Monday and grab one. I should go today, but to be honest, I don't want to leave my house. I am excited that I could teach some though.

Did I mention that I mowed? Well, I did. I have the swollen eyes to prove it. **sneeze**

I just heard on MTV News that H&M just had the largest fashion show in NYC history. They set up a four story tent complex in Central Park. I totally love H&M! I always go there when I'm in the city. They have the best clothes and they are crazy cheap!

Posted by okddaylittlec at 2:51 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink
Thursday, 14 April 2005
You're Not Going To Write About This On Your Little Internet Thing, Are You
My goodness...time does fly! I wonder if the weeks from mid-March to May go as quickly for the rest of the world as it does for teachers. It seems like we just had spring break and now we are getting ready for graduation. I'm glad that I don't have any students that I am panicking about. All my kiddos are either right where they should be or beyond.

I have had quite a week. I haven't sat down at the computer one time! So, here goes, a week in review.

I was going to do a day by day here, but it all ran together. It starts off on Thursday, April 7th.

Whoo-hoo! We are off on a camping trip. The plan was actually for Tanya to take her daughter and some of her friends until I invited myself along. 'Lyss ended up having a track meet on Friday and her buddies ended up not being able to go at all. So, that left me and Tanya going down on Thursday afternoon. Tanya's husband would meet us halfway with Alyssa on Friday afternoon. I have the greatest bartender book. My momma got it for me. I had planned to take it along and we were going to buy some ingredients and play around with the recipes, but I forgot my book. Tanya has what could possibly be the best Kindergarten parent! No offense Diva, but just listen to what she did. When we tell her what our plans had been and that I forgot my book she says (in a hushed voice), "I own a liquor store. I'll put some things together for you." We had no clue she owned a liquor store! OH MY GOSH! She came back that afternoon and left a basket in Tanya's camper. It had shot glasses, recipe guides, mixers, and booze. Then, as if that wasn't good enough, she wrapped it all up in cellophane and tied it with some pretty raffia. sweet. So after our workout (hey, it was my weight day..I couldn't skip it) we headed down to Flint Creek. Um, how nice is it to set up a travel trailer instead of a pop up? Let me tell you, it's GREAT! I want a new camper so bad! Anyway we got everything set up and went into town for what is said to be "The Best Fajitas" in Siloam. I would have to agree. They were good. Then it was off to the casino. I didn't win crap. That seems to be an Indian Gaming theme with me. We did see signs that they gave free play on Fridays from 11-1. Guess where we went on Friday morning. You guessed it...the casino. I won! I know, crazy huh. I hit seven out of eight numbers on my favorite Keno game ever, Tsunami. My seventh number was the last ball so my winnings were multiplied by four. I won $20.00 and fuh-reaked out. I was only betting a nickel, so that was a big win for me. After our gambling fiasco we went to meet Mike with Alyssa. That evening we watched Napoleon Dynamite. Is there a funnier movie? I don't think so. I also have to worry about people who don't think it's funny. Do they have no sense of humor? "I think I'll build her a cake." Hilarity, I tell you. "Eat Tina, ya fat lard." I think I'll be quoting for weeks to come. On Saturday morning we needed something to do. We have taken our classes on a field trip to an animal safari and petting zoo that is only about ten miles from where we camp. We decided that we would go to the zoo. We stopped at the store to get bananas. It is very important to drape your car with bananas when you drive through the safari part. The monkeys will sit on the hood and eat them. It is very entertaining, I assure you. The rules clearly state that you must keep all windows up and stay in your vehicle. We threw caution to the wind and drove through the whole thing with the windows down. Correction. One window down. Alyssa did not want her window down. We were in a truck. Tanya was driving, I was in the middle, and Alyssa was in the passenger seat. Tanya had her window down and Alyssa was looking at the animals from a distance. At least she was until Tanya pointed out her window and told her to look. Alyssa had no idea that Tanya had rolled down her window. When Alyssa turned there was a very large emu with it's beak in the window. Alyssa screamed, the emu jumped, Alyssa elbowed my very tasty orange cream slush from Sonic and dumped it all over me. We fed emus, Texas long-horn, elk, antelope, deer, but no monkeys. There were no monkeys. When we got to the petting zoo part they told us that the kangaroo and goat cages were closed because it was mating season. I hated that because I totally dig the kangaroos. Last year I made my group of kids spend way more time in the kangaroo cage then they wanted to. This is the coolest place because you can get in the pens with the animals. I've gotten to hold baby monkeys and bears before. We finally found all the monkeys in a barn. I guess they hadn't put them in their outdoor cages yet. They barn had a narrow aisle to walk down. On both sides there was a fence and then about two feet back from that were the monkey cages. Every time I have been at this zoo the young chimp is spankin' his own little monkey. This, I am happy to report, was the first time that I have seen him doing something else! People were throwing food to him and the old man chimp that speaks sign language (I know, this place just keeps getting better and better, right!)but the food would bounce off the cage and land out of reach. The young chimp would grab as much as he could by sticking his fingers out of the cage, and then he would use a stick to "fish" for the rest. How smart! Well, here we are "animal do-gooders" and all and we are hating the fact that even with his stick he couldn't reach all of the yummy treats. So off we go to find him a longer stick. We couldn't find one anywhere. Alyssa found an aluminum rod. It was about 12 feet long. I maneuvered it down the narrow aisle and used it to push food closer to the chimps. He made kissing noises at me. I made them back. He started spankin' it. NO! I'm kidding! How gross would that have been! We stood there a little longer and watched people throw food. The food kept bouncing off the cage and out of reach. Tanya went back outside, got the rod, and started pushing the apples, celery, and carrots closer. When the young, very strong, chimp reached for an apple, Tanya was feeling very good about helping him out. The only problem was that he didn't reach for the apple. He grabbed the rod! Now, Alyssa and I found this quite funny. We were practically doubled over laughing. Tanya did not see the humor. She held onto that rod for dear life! That chimp pulled her to the ground and up against the fence. All the while she's shouting for help. Did the people walking through help her? No, they just walked on by. Did her daughter and best friend help? No, we were too busy laughing. Well, Alyssa finally figured out she better help. When I saw Alyssa get pulled to the ground, big strong as an ox Alyssa, I knew that I should quit laughing. We finally got the rod back. If the chimp would have gotten it he could have definitely hurt the other chimp, but it was long enough that he could have hurt people walking through too. I played tug-of-war with a strapping young male chimp. Seriously, I only know of two other people that can make that claim. We left after that. As we were walking to the truck, Tanya said, "You're not going to write about this on your little internet thing, are you." Uh, heck yeah! We hung out for awhile on Sunday and then came home.

Nothing exciting has happened this week at school, it's just been hectic. We are getting ready for graduation. I plan the program and do all of the invitations and programs. Next week I need to put together our video presentation.

I hope that you are having a good week. Later...

Posted by okddaylittlec at 7:29 PM CDT
Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink

Newer | Latest | Older

Internet Service Provider
Internet Service Provider
< - ? Blog Oklahoma * # + >